Your personal information is an important part of NBC’s relationship with you
8. NBC will only collect and process your personal information for the reason you provided it to us, or to enable us to comply with the requirements of specific laws that we are governed by.
9. NBC may process your personal information to protect your or our legitimate interests. NBC will not collect and process personal information about you that we do not need for this purpose. The general purposes for which NBC collects and processes your personal information include, but are not limited to:
9.1 Creating a record of you on our system to verify your identity, provide you with the products and/or services you have applied for and then communicate with and keep you informed about these products and/or services;
9.2 Assessing whether you qualify for credit, or an increase or decrease of your credit limit;
9.3 Identifying you and verifying your physical address, source of income and similar information;
9.4 Assessing your personal financial circumstances and needs before providing advice to you;
9.5 Any purpose related to the prevention of financial crime, including sanctions screening, monitoring of anti-money laundering and any financing of terrorist activities;
9.6 Further processing for historical, statistical or research purposes where the outcomes will not be published in an identifiable format;
9.7 Providing income tax-related information to tax authorities;
9.8 For purposes relating to the sale or transfer of any of our businesses, legal entities or assets as part of corporate transactions;
9.9 Where you have applied for employment at NBC, we perform applicant screening and background checks;
9.10 Where you are a NBC employee (including contractors), we create an employment record of you on our system to facilitate continuous monitoring during your employment with us;
9.11 Where you are a NBC director, we create a record of you as a director on our system;
9.12 Where you’ve been identified as a next of kin by an employee or customer, we create a record of you on our system; and
9.13 Where you are a supplier to NBC, we process your personal information for due diligence, risk assessment, administrative and payment purposes.
10. Furthermore, NBC will not process your special personal information unless:
10.1 You have consented to NBC processing it;
10.2 It is necessary to exercise or defend a right or obligation in law;
10.3 It is necessary to comply with an international legal obligation of public interest;
10.4 It is for certain historical, research or statistical purposes that would not adversely affect your privacy; or
10.5 You have deliberately made your information public.
11. There are some personal information fields that you have to fill in if you want NBC to provide you with your chosen product and/or service or onboard you as an employee, supplier, director or job applicant. This information can be provided in writing, electronically or telephonically, but it must be accurate and complete. These fields are indicated by an asterisk (or as otherwise indicated) on the respective forms/websites. If NBC does not receive the necessary personal information, we will not be able to continue with your application. If you are already a(n) customer/employee/supplier/director and NBC asks you for this information and you do not provide it, NBC will have to suspend the provision of the product and/or services for a period of time, or as the case may be, even terminate our relationship with you.
12. In most cases, personal information will be collected directly from you, but there may be other instances when NBC will collect personal information from other sources. These may include public records, places where you may already have made your personal information public (for example, on social media), credit bureaus, or individuals/directors whom you have appointed as your representative, where you are a corporate entity. NBC will only collect your personal information from other sources where we are legally entitled or obliged to do so, and you are entitled to ask NBC which sources they used to collect your personal information.
13. For the purposes outlined in paragraph 9 (above), NBC will, in most instances, collect and process your personal information internally. However, there are times when NBC needs to outsource these functions to third parties, either within NBC or external to NBC, including parties in other countries. Where your personal information is shared internally within NBC, such sharing will be carried out only for the purposes outlined in paragraph 9 (above). NBC may also need to share your personal information with external organisations, such as credit bureaus, tax authorities or other regulatory or industry bodies, so that we can meet our due diligence or regulatory requirements. We may need to share your personal information with our business partners or counter-parties, where we are involved in corporate transactions relating to the sale or transfer of any of our businesses, legal entities or assets. NBC will not share your personal information with third parties who do not need your personal information, or where NBC is not legally permitted to do so. When NBC decides to transfer your personal information to third parties, we will only provide it to organisations that have the same data privacy policies as NBC or those who are subject to laws relating to the processing of personal information that are similar to those that apply to NBC.
14. There may be instances where NBC will process your personal information through a secure automated tool, or perform profiling resulting in a decision that may affect you significantly. If you are unhappy about the outcome of such a decision, please contact:
14.1 your Local Customer Service centre (for customers);
14.2 your resourcing consultant (for job applicants);
14.3 your people business partner (for employees);
14.4 your supplier relationship manager (for suppliers); or
14.5 NBC’s Secretariat office (for directors of NBC-owned companies).